Mojo Beef Kabobs
- 1 Wellborn 2R Texas Sized Sirloin Steak (16 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 thin wedges
- 1 container grape or cherry tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk Mojo Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut beef Top Sirloin Steak into 1-1/4 inch pieces; season with pepper.
- Alternately thread beef with lime and onion wedges evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers. Thread tomatoes evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill tomato kabobs, covered, about 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened, turning occasionally. Grill beef kabobs, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Serve kabobs drizzled with sauce.
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Nutrition information per serving: 259 Calories; 130.5 Calories from fat; 14.5g Total Fat (2.9 g Saturated Fat; 0 g Trans Fat; 1.3 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 9 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 56 mg Cholesterol; 487 mg Sodium; 11 g Total Carbohydrate; 2.1 g Dietary Fiber; 4.5 g Total Sugars; 22 g Protein; 0 g Added Sugars; 60 mg Calcium; 2.1 mg Iron; 564 mg Potassium; 2.7 mcg Vitamin D; 0.1 mg Riboflavin; 6.6 mg NE Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg Vitamin B12; 200 mg Phosphorus; 4.1 mg Zinc; 24.7 mcg Selenium; 88.3 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron, Potassium, Vitamin D, Phosphorus, and Choline.