This is a family favorite at Wellborn 2R Ranch cowboy Chris Littlefield’s house. A fast and easy “Fix it and Forget it” dish. You can put in the crockpot at lunch and have it cooking all afternoon. This is great with tortillas and fresh garnishes. Add some Fritos corn chips over the top for some extra crunch. Or serve it with hot corn bread. Or double the batch and have it one way one night and the other way another night.
- 2 pounds Wellborn 2R Ground Beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (19 ounces) mild enchilada sauce (or HOT if you want it spicier)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 12 to 15 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Transfer beef into 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; add all other ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH 2 hours or LOW 4 hours until flavors are blended. Garnish soup with tortillas, cheese, avocado, sour cream and taco seasoning, as desired. Add some pickled jalepenos to kick it up a notch.